Friday 15 July 2011

Final Poster Analysis and Storyboard Analysis

My poster appeals to my target audience as it is fun, over-the-top and silly. It is bright and the main character is the centre of the poster which shows that the film will be mainly about her. The representation I have created in my poster is funny, also it is intimate. The poster conventions I have used are a title, main character, the movie rating, slogan, the film credits and information about the movie. These would appeal to my target audience as it has the an image of the main character which catches your attention, the movie rating so you know who is allowed to go, a funny slogan which is there to entertain, the film credits will allow my target audience to find out who made the film and the title is quick and snappy so it will be easy for my target audience to remember the name of the film. The meaning that the text and image create together is that the movie is funny and should not be taken seriously.

The trailer conventions I have on my storyboard are a title, images, video and sound. This would appeal to the my target audience because the title is fun as it is being flipped through a note book, images because they are fun and keep the target audience engaged, video  and sound because they are main parts of a trailer. I have represented my main character in my trailer as spoilt, selfish and stupid because the film is about girls being ungrateful and thinking the world revolves around her. I want her to be a likeable villain, you’re not supposed to like my character but you do. The difference between the protagonist and the other characters is that they cater to all the protagonist’s needs which shows that she is in charge. The film company I have identified as producing and distributing my film are ‘bigtalk products’, I chose the company because it is independent and they have produced a lot of comedies which is the genre of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment